Skip to main content

The One Where You Protect Your Peace

Remember to protect your peace. We can only control ourselves and how we react to others. If our reaction is to finally stand up for ourselves to someone who repeatedly does not respect us, it can often get flipped around as if we are the disrespectful one. Don’t let them fool you. Don’t let them gaslight you into believing that you are the problem.

Pray for peace, for an answer to whatever the issue may be and God will guide you through it.

Matching energies and standing up for ourselves can sometimes mean we may give a bit of an attitude, but the key is to set these boundaries in a firm, matter of fact, respectful way, while still being more humble and kind than that person is to us. Be the bigger person in the end. Ange, resentment and holding grudges will only continue to hurt OUR peace.

🫶🏻Follow me @christenbryce_rn on IG and ❤️ this blog post

🫶🏻Comment YES if this has happened to you - share below or feel free to email me your stories to chat about it mail@thecrisisnurse.com

🫶🏻SHARE this blog with someone who would find it helpful and relatable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One Where Humans Have Free Will

A non-religious friend asked me (in regards to my thoughts about A.I. being very much against Christianity and wanting to try and understand my view), “But didn’t God create men and women?” - meaning He created our brains. This was my response: Satan disguises himself (or doesn’t) in everyday things, people, shows, music, words, and “inventions” or science. Humans who are working for Satan can easily create something that is not what God wants. That’s why I pray for every single decision I make now etc. If something is partially bad or feels wrong that is God pulling us away from it telling us to open our eyes. God wouldn’t create something so divisive. If it’s divisive it means the devil is in there somewhere. If it goes against the commandments, it’s not from God. The rules and Bible don’t change just because the world changes and “modernizes” - and humans are still humans with sin. So that’s why individual priests pastors and bishops can be bad, the pope is not even teaching traditi...

The One With the First Published Article

Today marks the first day of 💚Mental Health Awareness Month💚… Being a mental health advocate is something I have dedicated my life to and will never stop speaking out about. Mental Health is brain health. It is medical, physical, emotional, and spiritual health. It is ALL OF IT. And it affects every single human being. Just because you don’t have a “diagnosis” does not mean you are not affected by mental health and well being. Psychosis, addiction, depression, anxiety, suicide … you’d be surprised at the people it can affect. ANYONE. At any time. You never know until you are faced with something how you will handle it. I see the shock from family and friends (and even the person having the issues) more than I’d like to say. Everyone thinks it can’t happen to them or their loved one, until it does. If we don’t take care of one piece of our body, the other pieces are not okay. We all have things that have happened in our lives, good and bad, that have molded us into the exact person we...

The One When People Need to Mind Their Business

PSA: Unless you talk to someone regularly or truly know them, it is rude and very disrespectful to come on their page and publicly comment something like “maybe you should take a break from social media” (This was someone I met ONCE at a concert about 10 years ago, and yes I removed the comment). My cousin kindly texted me last night night to see if I am okay and I appreciated the thought. I then explained to her the reasons for why I posted so much in one day. And that it was very intentional and it has to do with testing the algorithm for reasons that I explained to her but it’s nobody else’s business. Sometimes people use social media for things other than just “social” recreation and fun. When you have a goal, a dream, something you are trying to achieve it’s often very difficult and lonely to get there unless you only surround yourself with people who have already climbed the mountain. I truly don’t post as much on here anymore, but again wanted to test the algorithm because it ...